Lynn Cowell is a Proverbs 31 speaker and the author of several books, written for women of all ages. Her newest Bible study for girls ages 8 – 12 is Brave Beauty: Finding the Fearless You and for women Make Your Move: Finding Unshakeable Confidence Despite Your Fears and Failures. Lynn calls home North Carolina, where she and her husband, Greg and the occasional backyard deer are adjusting to life as empty nesters. Along with their three adult children, the Cowells love hiking, rafting and anything combining chocolate and peanut butter.
In this episode we discuss:
- How to help our girls build a foundation of confidence/identity that lasts.
- How to pass on what we are learning about God to our girls – as it happens
- Encouragement that we can be insecure and growing while our girls are growing
- Start with yourself! Start with working on you!
- Lynn gives very practical examples of what helped her girls and their confidence in real ways
- Warning from Lynn – not to expect so much from them – remember their age
- How to help them through narcissistic years
Favorite quotes of the episode:
- “You don’t have to have the spotlight on you – because you have the spotlight in you!” SHARE THAT! LOVE THAT!!!
- “Becoming what other people want them to be – vs becoming who they already are.”
- “It’s not up to us to catch everything, it’s up to us to stay connected to the spirit.”
- But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. Luke 2:19
- If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. James 1:5
- Let the king be enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
- Lynn’s site
- Lynn’s freebies for tweens
- Lynn’s books
- Studies or books to consider for a getaway trip around coming of age or the talks – Option 1 and Option 2 recommended by Lynn.