Lysa TerKeurst is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Uninvited as well as 21 other books. As president of Proverbs 31 Ministries, Lysa and her staff are passionate about teaching the Word of God in ways that get people excited to live the Bible out loud. With their First 5 app and Encouragement for Today devotions, millions of people are studying God’s Word every day with Lysa and her team. Lysa writes from her sticky farm table and lives with her family in North Carolina. Connect with her at www.LysaTerKeurst.com or on social media @LysaTerKeurst.
In this episode:
- Lysa shares very practical tips and encouragement, for how we can guide our kids in the area of faith. She goes through each stage of modeling a healthy relationship with God while raising kids: toddlers, elementary, middle school, teens and beyond.
- Lysa challenges us to ask, “When do our kids need comfort vs correction?” Ask the Holy Spirit for guidance and leading on this.
- We discuss the middle school years for our girls. Lysa challenges us to question, “Are they pushing me away because they need space? Or, do they actually want me to pull them close? Which is it? Sometimes ‘go away’ means ‘hold me close’.”
- Remind your girls – “You are an amazing gift to me. You are the exact child that I asked God for. He gave me so much more than I asked. You are worth good friends and good relationships. No matter win or lose – I love you forever.”
- How to pray more words for your girls than you speak about them or with them.
- Her new book – It’s Not Supposed To Be This Way (Preorder to get first three chapters free)
- Ashley TerKeurst Hodges’ podcast on perfection
- Proverbs 31